7 Social Marketing Tactics for the Time-Starved
Do you find yourself left with 10 or 15 minutes between meetings and wonder how to make the most of your time? Going from frazzled to fruitful, swamped to strategic, chaotic to connected—it’s do-able when you make the most of short spurts of time. Here are a couple of marketing tactics you can squeeze into those gaps and get yourself out of ‘frazzle’ mode.
Standing in line for coffee: 5-10 minutes to spare
- When’s the last time you changed your cover images on your social sites? Can’t remember? Now’s a great time to think about what you’re selling most and pop a photo of that destination into your cover image. Remember to do this for each of your social sites.
- You’ve got your phone in hand and the line-up isn’t moving very fast, why not search out your newest clients’ social sites? Scan through for a better understanding of how you can serve them better and build a stronger relationship. Do you both love cats? Do you both like the same sports? This research can serve as great conversation builders and ways to solidify a relationship.
Coffee not ready yet? Check out these time-savers.
Commuting by train or bus: 10-15 minutes to spare
- We all know video is getting crazy big social engagement. With just a couple of minutes, you can use your still images to create a video slideshow and ramp up your engagement and reach.
- Scroll through your social feed with a purpose. Check out the tone, style, video and graphics of your colleagues, top suppliers and industry leaders. What tone of voice are they using? Are there any words that pop out at you? What graphics do you see that are wow-worthy? Take note of these and consider how you can adapt these findings to your own posts and graphics.
Train delayed? Check out this video.
Perplexed by a project and need a break: 15-30 minutes to spare
- Create a photo album or Pinterest board with photos from your latest group tour.
- Write your next blog post. Yep, it can be done in less than 30 minutes. Start with great photos and go from there. Turbocharge your efforts and earn more eyeballs.
- Read up on social advertising tips. With organic reach plummeting and social ad options skyrocketing, it’s time to get really, really good at social ads.
How will you tap into those few spare minutes in your day to turn the corner from frazzled to fruitful?
Catherine Heeg, International speaker & trainer, focuses on social media marketing strategies for the tourism and hospitality industry. Join the conversation and connect with her at www.cmsspeaking.com and socially.