Hotel and Golf Course
The Teeing Up for Student Travel Golf Classic is an incredible opportunity to support the SYTA Youth Foundation. You’ll make a number of connections that will help you kick start your networking experience. Whether you are an avid golfer or a beginner we hope that you will join us for this wonderful SYTA Youth Foundation event!
Margaritaville Resort Orlando
8000 Fins Up Circle
Kissimmee, FL 34747
A little piece of paradise awaits to greet you at the one-of-a-kind Margaritaville Resort Orlando where luxury and fun meet! Opened in January 2019, the beautiful lush grounds and accommodations are Margaritaville inspired with amenities that include a lagoon-style pool featuring its own sandy beach, relaxing spa and fitness center plus a waterpark, entertainment, shopping and dining, all within easy walking distance.
Rates and Reservations
$184 plus 13.5% tax (subject to change)
$204 plus 13.5% tax (subject to change)
$224 plus 13.5% tax (subject to change)
Reserve your room now in 1 of 2 easy ways:
Online: Click here.
Phone: Margaritaville Reservations at 321-888-3871 and refer to 2020 Student & Youth Travel Association or SYTA when making reservations.
Reservations must be made by September 16, 2020 to take advantage of the discounted rate, after that date rooms and rates are based on availability.
All reservations require a deposit equal to one-night room and tax at the time of booking.
Reservations can be cancelled without penalty 5 days prior to arrival date. Cancellation of room after that time will incur a charge of one night’s room and tax.
The Legends at Orange Lake Golf Course
8585 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway
Kissimmee, FL 34747
Legends Course: A full morning of golf awaits you on the Legends 18 Hole Arnold Palmer Signature Design championship course. Offering two distinct play experiences, this is a unique golfing experience for every level of golfer. The front nine features the Scottish-style golf while the back nine design features towering pines, majestic oaks, winding fairway and flowing waters reminiscent of the Carolinas.
Tuesday, October 6, 2020
All members of a foursome tee off:
- The best ball is selected
- All players move their ball to the spot of the best shot
- Continue each shot by selecting the ‘best ball’ and playing in
- Men play from the White Tees and Ladies play from the Red Tees.
- You must use a minimum of one drive from each member of your team on the front nine AND the back nine.
- First Place
- Second Place
- Third Place Teams
- Longest Drive Ladies
- Longest Drive Men
- Closest to the Pin Ladies
- Closest to the Pin Men
- Putting Contest*
*All players will get (1) chance to win a special prize from SYTA! Donate $10 to the Foundation to try again and increase your chance of winning our putting contest AND participate in the 50/50 for a chance to win!
Golf Classic Attire
The golf classic may be a casual tournament, but everyone is encouraged to “sport” their favorite golf look or Margaritaville shirts.
Suggested golf attire:
- Men must wear collared shirts with sleeves, mid‐length shorts or pants.
- Women are asked to wear sleeved or sleeveless blouses of conservative design, mid‐length shorts or pants.
Mulligan packages are available in advance online or at the course. All proceeds support the SYTA Youth Foundation.
- 20 Feet of Birdie String (string may be used as a continuation of a shot, must be tied off and that portion of the string may no longer be used)
- 1 Mulligan PER 9 (one do-over)
- 1 Power Drive PER 9 (Men may hit from ladies tee. Ladies hit from ladies tee and then throw the ball from where it lands to extend drive)
Please remember: Each player may use the ladies tees twice (1 per 9). Birdie string is not reusable, once the 20 feet is used, it is done! Unlimited Mulligan packages may be purchased per player. Please support the kids and have FUN!
SYTA Youth Foundation
2231 Crystal Drive, Suite 204, Arlington, VA 22202
Phone: (703) 610-1263 | Fax: (703) 610-0270 | Email: [email protected]
©2020 Student & Youth Travel Association. All rights reserved.