2022-2023 SYTA Board Nominations
The Call for Nominations is Now Open for the 2022 – 2023 SYTA Board of Directors
Board service is a chance to grow personally and professionally, to develop skills, gain unique experience and make lasting connections with a team of other passionate and motivated professionals.
SYTA has a dedicated staff who manage day-to-day operations enabling the board to focus on matters of strategic importance which can help improve our programs and services that we offer to our members.
Board responsibilities include leading SYTA under its established vision and strategic plan, recruiting members and managing volunteers and assuming responsibility for the completion of current year activities.
Up for Election:
- Two (2) Active (tour operator) member positions and two (2) Associate (supplier) member positions are up for election. The term of office is three years, August 2022 – August 2025.
- The SYTA Vice President position is open for nominations and must be an Active member in good standing. The Vice President serves a one-year term and, upon completion of that term, shall automatically succeed to the office of President and then Past President. The Vice President candidate should plan to serve a total of three years on the board – one year as Vice President, one year as President, and one year as Past President.
Please review the Nomination Process before completing your nomination form. Nominations must be submitted by 5 p.m. EDT, Thursday, May 5, 2022. Candidates may nominate themselves using the links below. If you would like to nominate another member as a candidate, please email Steve Maehl, Nominating Committee Chair at [email protected].
- 2022-2023 Nomination Form for SYTA Board of Directors (Associate): Click here.
- 2022-2023 Nomination Form for SYTA Board of Directors (Active) or SYTA Vice President (Active): Click here.
Next Step – Candidates are notified by the Nominating Committee Chair by May 26, 2022. Once selected as a candidate, please complete the following:
- submit a photo headshot
- prepare a personal statement of 150 words to share with membership
- schedule & record your candidate interview
Becky Armely, [email protected], will reach out to collect and coordinate the items above by June 3, 2022.
If you have any questions regarding the nomination process, please contact Becky Armely by e-mail at [email protected] or by phone at 703-610-9028.