The Student & Youth Travel Association (SYTA) is here to help provide your business with resources and guidance to navigate these uncertain times. We continue to provide virtual education opportunities and crisis communication toolkits and a variety of support to our members to help grow and resolve the complicated issues that have resulted from the COVID-19 pandemic.
SYTA Advocates for Student Travel Through Partnerships and Alliances
SYTA relies on its network of Allied Members to promote the social and economic value of student travel worldwide. Allied members include but are not limited to: associations, foundations, nonprofits, education, travel and hospitality, government and media. Allied members receive Associate Member Benefits and a customized partnership agreement to reflect the relationship between the Allied organization and SYTA.
SYTA’s current Allied members include:
- American Bus Association (ABA)
- Bienvenue Quebec
- British Educational Travel Association
- Connect on Campus
- Depart Smart
- Family Travel Association
- Florida Attractions Association
- GANYC: The Guides Association of NYC
- Group Travel Family
- Hostelling International USA
- International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions
- International Association of Tour Directors and Guides
- International Tour Management Institute( ITMI)
- Maryland Tourism Coalition
- National Tour Association (NTA)
- Ontario Motor Coach Association
- Rise Travel Institute
- STAN (Student Travel Agents Network)
- The Guild of Professional Tour Guides of Washington, DC
- Tourism Cares, Inc.
- United Motorcoach Association
- United States Tour Operators Assoc. (USTOA)
- US Travel Insurance Association
- WYSE Travel Confederation
Complimentary Annual Member Dues
Complimentary Annual Conference Registration (non-appointment taker)
All members are committed to professionalism and integrity in student and youth travel. All companies adhere to SYTA’s Purposes, Goals, and Code of Ethics.