SYTA Active Member Companies are Recognized for Integrity and Professionalism
- Active members adhere to a strict code of ethics and business standards that provide a framework for providing the highest standards of professionalism, integrity and service.
- SYTA membership is recognized by the education community and in some cases is a requirement for submitting an RFP for school sponsored programs.
- Active members must be in business for at least three years. Meeting these requirements gives Active Members the use of the SYTA logo on their website and marketing materials.
- Active members connect with industry suppliers offering special “SYTA” member only rates for key attractions and services.
- Active membership applies to companies focused on selling customized student and youth group travel experiences (education, performance, language, service, sports) including group travel planners, tour operators, travel agencies, and wholly-owned subsidiaries of SYTA Active Member categories. Active members provide business documentation in addition to their membership application.
Active – New Member!
$250 One-time Initiation Fee
$745 Annual Membership Dues
Total US $995
Active Member + Conference Bundle
$250 One-time Initiation Fee (waived with conference bundle)
$745 Annual Membership Dues
$270 2020 Annual Conference Registration (1 appointment taker)
Total US $1,015
SYTA Active Membership qualifications applies to group travel planners, tour operators, travel agencies, wholly owned subsidiaries of SYTA Active Member Categories and receptive tour operators applying for active membership.
Your company must fulfill the requirements below:
Your company has been in business for a minimum of three years (required).
Your company provides travel for a minimum of 750 students AND/OR earns annual gross revenue of $500,000 from student/youth tours in the previous fiscal year.
Your company must meet all of the requirements below:
- Company’s principals have never have been convicted (or otherwise found guilty or pleaded no contest) of any offense involving fraud, deception, breach of trust, child abuse, or any other felony.
- Company’s principals have not declared bankruptcy in the past five years.
- Company is a single-business entity. Consortia, associations, or franchisers are not eligible; however, their individual entities may qualify.
- Company has an established mailing address. May include P.O. Box
- Company complies with all laws, regulations, and licensing requirements applicable to the operation of your business.
We ask that you provide each of the these documents with your membership application:
- Errors and Omissions (Professional Liability) insurance of no less than US $1 million per occurrence.
- General Liability insurance of no less than US $1 million per occurrence.
- A document establishing the company as a legal entity. Documents accepted are: US W-9, Certificate of Organization/Incorporation or Articles of Incorporation.
- The name of 1 business reference from the tourism industry.
All members are committed to professionalism and integrity in student and youth travel. All companies adhere to SYTA’s Purposes, Goals, and Code of Ethics.