8 Ways to See Philly
Philadelphia offers many fun and quirky group tours to experience the vitality of America’s birthplace.
From the ghosts of historic Philadelphia’s past to the thousands of beautiful murals lining the city’s lively neighborhoods and tasting decadent delights all day long, there are many unique things to do and many ways to see the city.
- For first-timers, the best way to discover the city’s attractions is by taking a hop-on, hop-off bus.
- Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure offers self-guided tours year-round that are available from any smartphone, solving clues and completing challenges while learning Philadelphia’s history.
- Philly Tour Hub, located in the heart of the historic district, provides a choose-your-own-adventure-style game that lets you compete against family and friends in different types of challenges. Every game is a private group and all games can be customized.
- Experience ghost tours, playing off of the city’s history …
- … and tours for Rocky fans.
- For foodies, the Taste of Philly Food Tour focuses on some of Philadelphia’s iconic foods, like cheesesteaks.
- There are many walking, biking and Segway tours. The Indego bike share program supplies hundreds of bikes for use all day, every day, with kiosks around the city.
- A popular and unique outdoor adventure is the Mural Arts tour. Philadelphia is known as the Mural Capital of the World. Mural Arts Philadelphia began more than 30 years ago as an anti-graffiti program and has grown to be an international public art leader, with over 4,000 works. The program has united artists and communities through a collaborative process, rooted in the traditions of mural making, to create art that transforms public spaces throughout the city. There are a variety of tour options for self-guided and guide-led tours. The experience gives visitors an opportunity to really see a wide variety of Philadelphia neighborhoods through the lens of community-based public art.
Courtesy of Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau. Learn more about Philadelphia’s activities and tours at discoverphl.com.