How to Use Video to Level-up Brand Awareness
Have you ever teared up watching the Budweiser commercials during Super Bowl?
Do you feel in awe when watching destination videos?
Are you chuckling out loud watching those silly dog videos?
The power of video is everywhere in our daily lives; inspiring us to learn, laugh and look more closely at life. These are the same powers that travel affords us. Aha, what a perfect match!
Imagine being able to tap into these powers and evoke these emotions when creating your own company videos? The secret sauce is creating snack-able, easy to understand video!
As we get back to selling travel, having video know-how and storytelling talent is crucial to our success moving forward. Having the right video tools for the right phase of your marketing makes the task easier.
Did you know:
- Each month, 85% of Internet users in the U.S. watch video content.
- By 2021, the average person will spend 100 minutes every day watching online videos (a 19% increase from 2019).
- 93% of companies claim they got a new customer because of their video content on social media
- 63% of businesses say that video gets the best return on investment (ROI) on social media.
- People have even shorter attention spans than goldfish.
Video = Brand Awareness
Crash through the clutter and capture attention in a compelling fashion. Sharing your brand message through video involves creating a variety of styles of video to capture attention and inspire people to get to know your company better.
For example if you’re developing a new tour or new attraction in your destination, a teaser video will help you generate buzz and create excitement. A short 30-second video can act as an introduction to a larger campaign.
Developing a new audience using video is a way to cultivate awareness. An ‘About Us’ video or Testimonial video let’s your brand personality shine.
Consider this video style to:
- Relaunch tours post-COVID
- Showcase company culture
How to Shine the Spotlight
Feature your team and happy clients, showcase your office staff, show-off clean coaches and position your company as a leader with new protocols. To help clients envision a ‘next normal’ use video to run thru a ‘day in the life’ of your newest tours or behind the scenes in your attraction.
4 Effective Video Styles
There are a variety of video types and tools to help you enhance your brand awareness.
- Live streaming video: Interview happy clients or destination representative to paint the picture of your new tour or attraction.
- Tools: Facebook, Instagram or YouTube Live broadcasts. Presenting with a partner is easy using StreamYard or BeLive and broadcasting directly to social platforms.
- Live action video: Best used to record a person speaking or doing a walk-thru tour or showcasing something fundamental to your brand. This style of video can be helpful as an ‘About Us’, Welcome or Sales video.
- Tools: A video camera and editing tools.
- Don’t make these mistakes when shooting videos
- Photo Montage/Video Slideshow: A combination of still images, music and voiceovers. Great tool to inspire emotion and tell your story.
- Tools: Animoto, Magisto, Biteable, WeVideo
- Live action screencast: Building awareness is easy when you combine an on-camera personality along with something from your computer screen. Imagine this to be webinar format or even an on-boarding experience for new staff or guides.
Even if your videos aren’t making people tear-up like some Super Bowl commercials, they can still have a major impact on your fans and subsequent brand awareness.
What will be the style of your next video?
Written by Catherine J. Heeg, International speaker & trainer, takes the mystery and mayhem out of social marketing. She focuses on social media marketing strategies for the tourism and hospitality industry. Connect with her at www.cmsspeaking.com and socially.