The CARES Act and Your Business
On Friday, President Trump signed into law the CARES Act, the largest emergency aid package in history. It will provide critical relief that is desperately needed by businesses and workers across the country to help make it through these difficult times.
However, we recognize that not everyone will benefit as quickly or with as much support as is needed at this time. There is much more work to do beyond what is provided in this package.
U.S. Travel Association created detailed documents that we are sharing with SYTA members that outline important and relevant information. We’ve also gathered helpful links from credible resources. It may take time for the federal government and key agencies to work through the fine details but this will provide you a foundation for better understanding the type of relief that will be available.
- SBA Business Interruption Loans
- SBA Coronavirus Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL)
- SBA Express Loans
- CARES Act Stabilization Fund
- Debt Relief for New and Existing SBA Loans
- Economic Relief for Airport and Tourism and Delay on REAL ID Enforcement
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- Use this guide to find an SBA Lender in your state
- CARES Act Major Deadlines
- Navigating the CARES Act – a video from U.S. Travel Association
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Guide to CARES Act
- National Small Business Town Hall Presented by Inc. and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
We plan to work with industry experts to share their perspectives on the CARES Relief and communicate this to members through email, website and recorded webinars. On Wednesday, April 1, at noon – 1 p.m., we will have a call with Bill Caldwell, Caldwell CPA’s to look at 2019/2020 tax relief and a first look at the CARES package. Attendance on the webinar is limited but will be recorded and shared with members. Please send your questions to [email protected]
REGISTER HERE TO ATTEND CALL
We encourage all SYTA members to share resources with us that can help fellow members during this process. Please send to [email protected]. We are a community that is experiencing this together and we will come through this together.
Carylann Assante, CAE
Chief Executive Officer
SYTA and SYTA Youth Foundation