Top 5 Reasons to Visit Pigeon Forge and the Smoky Mountains
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, is just a stone’s throw from the entrance to one of America’s national treasures—Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Toss in more than 80 different attractions along with rich Appalachian history and talented artisans and the destination comes alive with so much for your student group to see, do, enjoy and experience.
As many student groups are starting to travel again, or begin considering it, we feel this is the perfect time to provide a few reasons about why Pigeon Forge is the perfect destination for any group.
So, here’s our top five list, and we promise that we will make this one entertaining. Which is easy; it’s about Pigeon Forge.
- It all starts with location. Pigeon Forge is tucked into the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, which provide the perfect backdrop for any event, no matter the season.
- There is huge opportunity to make the trip educational. Many Pigeon Forge attractions offer curriculums—including specific topics like physics, zoology, geography and history—that can be incorporated into a classroom setting prior to or after your visit. Plus, you can always explore one of America’s largest classrooms, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, aided by lesson plans available at www.nps.gov/teachers.
- After a full day at your event, it’s great to relax and have some fun. Pigeon Forge is filled with attractions, theaters, restaurants and more that offer a variety of ways to have fun, for both your students and trip leaders. Pigeon Forge is home to the iconic Dollywood Theme Park, which has more than 50 rides and attractions and can serve as a great performance venue for school bands or choirs. The Island in Pigeon Forge is a walkable destination that offers over 70 shops, restaurants, a 200-foot observation wheel, a ropes course and other unique experiences. We are also home to The Titanic Museum Attraction, Pink Jeep Tours, water parks, mountain coasters, plenty of theaters and shows, miniature golf, indoor snow tubing, and more.
- The variety of lodging options for any group is astounding. Pigeon Forge offers hotels, condos, cabins of all sizes, and other unique options to consider. It’s one of the often-overlooked perks of our destination. You shouldn’t have any trouble finding a great place to stay.
- Every venue in Pigeon Forge is equipped to fulfill your needs to guarantee a successful gathering. That is because Pigeon Forge offers unforgettable Southern hospitality to every group. The staffs at the city’s different facilities know all too well how to take care of their groups and go above and beyond to ensure your trip is a success.
I hope that provides a little glimpse into Pigeon Forge and gives you some (Southern) food for thought on why you should consider us for your next student trip. Until then, stay safe, and don’t forget to have fun!
This information is courtesy of Pigeon Forge. For more info, contact Mike Gwinn at [email protected], or 1-800-285-7557.